From Boosting Performance
What is Access Management?
- A process to manage rights to services
- Note: Sometimes this process is merged together with Request Fulfilment
What does good look like?
- Only the right people have the right access to the right information at the right time
- The security policies are being enforced
Eg. New employees get proper access Eg. Employees that have quit/left do not still have access
A simple Access Management process consists of:
- Somebody requests updated rights
- Verification (Are they who they say they are, Should this user have these rights?)
- Update rights
- Proactively check rights to users and groups
- Log access activities
Video of ITIL Access Management
Orientation workshop for your organisation
- Who is the Access Manager? Several? Merged together with another process?
- Where is an overview of Access requests?
- Where can I find security policies?
- What questions do we ask to customers verify information?
- How are deviations managed? Followed up?
- How/Where am I involved in this area of work?
Simple as possible work description for an Access Manager
- Right access to right users at right time