From Boosting Performance
What is Availability Management?
The ITIL process that ensures all SLA availability targets are designed and delivered (reactive and proactive)
What does good look like?
- Good control over Service Availability
- End to end service - from IT technology to customer
- Good control over Component Availability
- All the parts of Service Availability - Technology, skills, resources
- Understanding of all SLA availability related targets
- Overview of all SLA availability related changes
- Good dialog with customers to understand Vital Business Functions (vital for customers to do their jobs)
Video of ITIL Availability Management
Orientation workshop for your organisation
- Who is the Availability Manager? Several?
- Where is an overview of SLA availability targets?
- How are Vital Business Functions gathered?
- What can be improved in this area?
- Are there any Operational Level Agreements in use?
- Where can an overview of the OLA be found?
Simple as possible work description for a Service Portfolio Manager
- Design Availability delivery to cover all SLA needs
- Hold Vital Business Functions meetings with customers
- Be an escalation point for all Availability related incidents and problems
- Work with Service Level Managers to cover SLA targets