From Boosting Performance
What is Demand Management
- Understand supply and demand of resources and capabilities
- The link between long term customer demand to short term IT service capacity management
What does good look like?
- "Fewer short term surprises/shocks" for Capacity Management
- Business Case for all services in the Service Pipeline (Service Portfolio)
What are the main activities of Demand Management?
- Understand Patterns of Business Activity
- When are our customers using our IT services?
- When are they not using our services but we thought they were?
- Which services are they not using but we thought they were?
- What peaks in demand will exist in the future that we should know about?
Video of ITIL Demand Management
Here would be a video of ITIL Demand Management
Orientation workshop for your organisation
- Who is the Demand Manager?
- What long term demand is coming from our customers?
- What resources (money) are required to meet the Service Portfolio (pipeline) requirements?
- What capabilities (skills) are required to meet the Service Portfolio (pipeline) requirements?
- Go meet customers and impress by understanding their long term requirements from us as a provider
Simple as possible work description for a Demand Manager
- Understand Patters of Business Activity
- Translate customer demand to IT service delivery