IT Service Continuity Management
From Boosting Performance
What is IT Service Continuity Management?
The ITIL process that discovers, designs and supports disaster recovery and major incidents
- Design how to manage major incidents
- Work with Incident Management to plan how to handle major incidents
- Awareness and simulations of major incidents - Who does what and when?
What does good look like?
- An understanding of Business Continuity plans
- Matching IT Continuity plans to Business Continuity
- Successful simulations of major incidents
Video of ITIL IT Service Continuity Management
Orientation workshop for your organisation
- Who is the IT Service Continuity Manager? Several?
- Where are Business Continuity plans?
- Where is an overview of possible major incidents?
- How/Where am I involved in IT Service Continuity plans?
- When was the last simulation of major incidents?
- What can be improved?
- What awareness and training should happen for my team?
Simple as possible work description for a IT Service Continuity Manager
- Identify potential major incidents with customers
- Plan preventive actions
- Test preventive actions
- Plan contingency actions
- Test contingency actions