From Boosting Performance
What is Service Catalog Management?
- The Service Catalog is a subset of the Service Portfolio (long term)
- Service Catalog Management is about keeping today's menu up to date
- Includes dependencies, prices, contacts and ordering processes
- The Service Catalog should be clear and simple to understand for its readers
- There may be two views:
- Customer facing view: Understandable menu that customers may order from
- Supporting services: Usually the customer doesn't see this menu, but it is required by IT to ensure delivery of the catalog. Here is information on how the services are delivered.
What does good look like?
- An easily presentable, available and understandable Service Catalog for customers
- A Service Catalog that customers actually order from
- An Supporting services catalog that has details over delivery and dependencies of the Customer Service Catalog
Video of ITIL Service Catalog Management
Orientation workshop for your organisation
- Who is the Service Catalog Manager? Several?
- Where is the Service Catalog?
- How/Where am I involved in this area of work?
- How does Service Catalog Management relate to my area of work?
- How are the transition points handled in our organisation?
- Pipeline > Catalog and from Catalog > Retired and possibly from Retired > Catalog
Simple as possible work description for a Service Catalog Manager
- An updated Service Catalog