What is Service Transition?
The Service Transition stage of ITIL ensures that customers can still do their job even though IT adds new services, updates services and removes services.
Processes in Service Transition
- Change Management
- Evaluation Management
- Transition Planning and Support
- Release and Deployment
- Validation and Testing
- Knowledge Management
- Service Assets and Configuration Management
What does Service Transition mean for me at my organisation?
The following is an example of an orientation worksheet and should be answered and discussed in internal workshops.
- Who works with Service Transition?
- Who is the Service Transition Manager? Several?
- Who is the Change Manager? Several?
- How is my work involved with Change Management?
- How is my work involved with Service Transition?
- Which of the Service Transition processes am I involved with?