Strategy Management for IT Services
What is Strategy Management for IT Services
A process to ensure that the IT strategy is defined, maintained and achieves its purpose.
The IT strategy should be defined by the overall business strategy.
What does good look like?
- A short and simple IT vision
is translated into:
- SMART strategic objectives
which are linked up to:
- Organisational team plans
What are the main activities?
Having answers to these questions:
- Specification of types of services to be delivered
- What should we deliver?
- Who are the customers of these services?
- What business outcomes are we helping customers achieve?
Video of Strategy Management for IT Services
Here would be a video of ITIL Strategy Management for IT Services
Orientation workshop for your organisation
- What is the organisational vision?
- What are the SMART strategic objectives to be reached?
- What is my departments/teams goals in next 6 months-1 year?
- Ensure they are SMART
- Explain HOW are your departments/teams goals are linked up to the strategic objectives.
- Find overlapping goals between teams
- Find strategic objectives that no departments/teams are delivering.
Simple as possible work description for Strategy Management for IT Services
- Read "Start with Why" by Simon Sinek
- Visualise the contribution every department/team is delivering to the organisations SMART strategic objectives.
- Keep the visualisation up to date