From Boosting Performance
What is Supplier Management?
The ITIL process that ensures Suppliers deliver as agreed
What does good look like?
- Categorising of Suppliers
- Maintenance of Supplier contracts
- Evaluation of new Suppliers
- Maintaining Supplier relationships
- Renewing and ending contracts
- Confidence that the part of our Service Catalog that is dependent on Suppliers is covered by contracts
What are the 4 categories of Suppliers?
- Strategic: Usually managed by top management
- Tactical: Significant commercial activity, handled by middle management
- Operational: For suppliers of smaller operational products
- Commodity: Suppliers of low value and/or easily available products
Video of ITIL Supplier Management
Orientation workshop for your organisation
- Who is the Supplier Manager? Several?
- Where is an overview of all Supplier contracts?
- Which Suppliers have not signed contracts?
- Which services in our Service Catalog are dependent on Suppliers?
- Which of those services do not have contracts?
- Which Suppliers are critical for provision of our services?
- What can be improved?
Simple as possible work description for a Supplier Manager
- Meet with Suppliers/Vendors
- Ensure every Supplier has an updated contract that covers provision of services in our service catalog