What is Request Fulfilment?
A process to deal with issues an requests from users. Anything that is not an incident could be handled through this process. For incidents then follow Incident Management.
Requests are usually:
- Low cost
- Low risk
- High frequency
This process usually takes orders from customers (laptops, telephone, keyboard etc)
What does good look like?
A simple yet effective process is the goal.
The steps are usually similar to:
- Receive request from user
- Log the request
- Categorise the request
- Prioritise the request
- Authorise the request
- Do/Buy/Order/Deliver the request
- Ask user for closure of request
Video of ITIL Request Fulfilment Management
Orientation workshop for your organisation
- Who is the Service Request Manager? Several?
- Where is an overview of Service Requests?
- Where are customer Service Request menus?
- How can we make the ordering process even simpler for our customers?
- What authority can the Service Desk be given for certain requests, that they do not have today?
- How can we reduce any backlog of requests?
- How/Where am I involved in this area of work?
Simple as possible work description for a Service Request Manager
- Impress the customers through simplicity
- High customer satisfaction scoring from customers regarding ordering small requests