From Boosting Performance
What is Service Strategy?
The idea is to develop the capacity to achieve and maintain a strategic advantage.
- 4 Ps: (Mintzberg, 1994)
- Perspective: (Have a clear vision)
- Position: (Have a clear "where are we now" stance)
- Plan: Be clear on how to move forward
- Pattern: Keep the momentum going, maintain decision making
Processes in Service Strategy
- Strategy Management for IT Services
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Demand Management
- Business Relationship Management
Workshop: What does Service Strategy mean for me at my organisation?
The following is an example of an orientation worksheet and should be answered and discussed in internal workshops.
- What is the organisational vision?
- What does the organisational vision mean for me?
- What is the package I deliver to my organisation?
- How am I measured?
- Where does my work come from?
- Where does the result of my work go?